1 stalk celery
1 T apple cider vinegar (This is important, because it leaches immunity and minerals from the bones into your broth)
Filtered water - enough to cover the bones
Pepper - optional
1) Bring above to a boil.
2) If you have a crock pot, put contents into it and set crock pot to low. If no crock pot, turn the boiling contents down and simmer, covered.
3) Contents should simmer for at least 4 hours, but preferably 12-24 hours. (This is why a crock pot is advantageous; it's safer.)
4) Let it cool, to room temperature.
5) Skim the fat and any light brown colored scum off the top.
6) Store in glass containers and freeze. Use to make soups, cook rice or quinoa, or stews.
This is easy and one of the healthiest and most nourishing foods. If you buy the best quality organic chicken, you don't want to waste one speck of it! Making bone broth is a simple solution to utilizing the chicken for all it's worth :)